Rock Ed is
- a ten-year series of alternative education projects.
- via music, the arts, poetry, sports, photography, fashion, graphic design, literature, new approaches to science, film, cultural studies, theatre, dance, and any other way except being in a classroom--the convenors of Rock Ed decided to Rock Society through Education and educate the youth through rock culture.
- an alternative class where the substitute teachers are celebrities, musicians, poets, artists, entrepreneurs, writers, et al
- hosts alternative social studies classes through actual school visits or holding the 'classes' in the events venue itself like bars, restaurants, soccer fields, art galleries, etc
- a group of private citizens that coordinate joint projects with other NGOs that are addressing any of the 8 Millennium Development Goals
- a group of private citizens that believe that poverty should end now
- a group of private citizens that value education in its traditional form but creates alternative solutions for teacher training and student activities to enhance classroom learning--NOT replace it.